Although the movie is relatively unknown in Austria itself, it has received 10 Oscar nominations in 1965 and won 5 Oscars. Discover the city of Mozart by stepping in the footsteps of the family Trapp.
„The Sound of Music" movie locations
The AllYouNeed Hotel Salzburg offers the perfect starting location for visiting the venues. The hotel's central location allows an easy arrive at most of the movie sites. Real fans should not miss the following scenes of "The Sound of Music":
- The Benedictine Convent on Nonnberg (2 km from the AllYouNeed Hotel)
- Mirabell Gardens und Mirabell Palace (1 km from the AllYouNeed Hotel)
- Residence Square and Residence Fountain (1,2 km from the AllYouNeed Hotel)
- Felsenreitschule (1,2 km from the AllYouNeed Hotel)
- St. Peter's Cemetery (1,3 km from the AllYouNeed Hotel)
- Leopoldskron Palace (2,6 km vom AllYouNeed Hotel)
- The Sound of Music Pavillon (6,6 km from the AllYouNeed Hotel) today it can be found at Hellbrunn Palace, in the movie it was located at Leopoldskron Palace.
- Frohnburg Palace (4,2 km from the AllYouNeed Hotel)
- further scenes of the movie "The Sound of Music" were filmed outside of the city, for example Anif Palace, Hohenwerfen Castle, Mondsee, Fuschl, St. Gilgen and St. Wolfgang.
A romantic evening in Salzburg!
You still want to see more of the Trapp family or you would like to go on the trails of The Sound of Music in the evening – don't worry, we have some more tips for you. We recommend yout to visit either the impressive and fascinating "The Sound of Music" musical in Salzburg's state theatre nearby the AllYouNeed hotel.
Or enjoy the Sound of Salzburg Dinner Show. Songs of the Trapp family and famous melodies from Salzburg are served while you enjoy a delicious 3- or 4-course menu.
AllYouNeed Hotels. The best way to stay.